Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
Free parking and easy access to a fabulous beach and land clean-up. Got water shoes–put them on and remove debris from shore line. Otherwise, dress for the sun and help clean-up along the plants, sea grasses, and beach itself. Great, safe location for families. $5.00 e-coupon toward kayak, paddle board, or windsurfer rental for all participants.
It takes about 20 minutes to get to Vizcaya-and it’s worth every stroke. The castle is beautiful and the mangroves are like visiting the Everglades (without the mosquitoes). Great wildlife viewing. Yesterday saw mullets feeding and a variety of birds.
10:00 - 6:00 (last rental at 5:00)
Fridays through Tuesdays
Closed Wednesdays & Thursdays
Open Additional Days During Holidays, School Vacations, and Summer.
Group availability 7 days a week.
Mile Marker 6.5 on Rickenbacker Causeway Miami
GPS Coordinates: N25.74569 W80.192368
Coming South from Ft. Lauderdale:
Take I-95 South to Exit #1A (Key Biscayne). Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza. Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.
Coming North from the Keys/Grove/Gable:
Take US1 North. At the I-95/US1, bear right. Follow sign to the Rickenbacker Causeway/Key Biscayne. Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza (SW 26th Road) Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.Detailed Location Info
Uber & Waze Users: Input Sailboards Miami
- Growing Youth Windsurfing in the USA - Scuttlebutt Sailing News
- Kona World Championship coming to Florida - Scuttlebutt Sailing News
- Windsurfing swans—an overlooked phenomenon - Phys.Org
- Why did Pete Cabrinha and Brett Lickle quit windsurfing to go kiting? - SurferToday
- Windsurfing is the Word - Scuttlebutt Sailing News
- Video: Windsurfing in Extreme Hurricane Conditions - HUH.
- Swans Found to Windsurf Across Water - National Geographic
- When and how to pump the sail in windsurfing - SurferToday
- How to hook into the harness lines in windsurfing - SurferToday
- How to stop in windsurfing - SurferToday