Recognized as one of the nation’s best areas to learn to windsurf, Sailboards Miami is located directly on Windsurfer Beach in Miami, Florida. With beautiful views of Biscayne Bay, Coconut Grove and downtown Miami, one can unwind and enjoy Miami’s best watersport. A steady on shore or side shore breeze makes learning to windsurf safe and easy. Our fully trained staff guarantees anyone (including children) can learn to windsurf in only two hours! With over 20 years of experience, we proudly instruct thousands of people annually in the watersport of windsurfing and enjoy serving tourists from all over the world. From beginner through advanced, we have rental equipment to meet everyone’s needs (even Kayaks and Stand Up PaddleBoards or SUPs for those lighter wind days).
Come on out and say hi. Learn to Windsurf in Two Hours-Guaranteed! Enjoy the splendor and tranquility of windsurfing and kayaking beautiful Biscayne Bay. All ages, body sizes, strength, and swimming abilities welcomed. If you can ride a bicycle, you can windsurf! Our windsurfing school teaches the beginner lesson three times daily. Intermediate and advanced private Windsurfing lessons, windsurfing equipment rental, Paddleboard rentals and lessons (SUPs), and Kayak rental are also available. Located on the South side of Rickenbacker Causeway, 7/10ths of a mile past the toll plaza. Windsurfing school and rental shop owned and operated by Ovidio DeLeon, U.S. Sailing Master Instructor. Open Fridays thru Tuesdays. Available on Wednesdays and Thursdays by appointment and during school holidays.
Our colorful sails proudly grace the entrance of Key Biscayne. We are licensed with Miami Dade County, recipient of the ABIA Windsurfing School Award of Excellence and U.S. Sailing and B.I.G. Certified. Ask us about our Swap Meets, Beach Clean-Ups, Races, Barry University for Credit Course, and U.S. Sailing Certification Courses. Available for production work.
Looking for a fun activity this weekend in Miami? Check out this great article by Laura Albritton: “5 Amazing Beach Activities in Miami: From Windsurfing to SUP Yoga.”
Check out “Going to the Beach Like a Local.” A good read for our visitors!
- SAILING: Try sailing or windsurfing FREE! - Rugby Advertiser
- Curacao with 5 Gold, 1 Silver and 6 Bronze medals at international Windsurfing Competitions - Curacao Chronicle
- Singapore windsurfer Leonard Ong rides need for speed to Olympics debut - Channel News Asia
- Free sailing and windsurfing opportunities this summer - Practical Boat Owner Magazine
- How to get into footstraps in windsurfing - SurferToday
- Faster than a ferry, windsurfing dentist whose 100-minute channel crossing is on course for record - Belfast Telegraph
- A lotta Regatta: Windsurfing event and music festival kicks off at Sailboard Beach - Daily Globe
- A windsurfer's prayer for wind - SurferToday
- 60 seconds to feel the speed of windsurfing - Red Bull
- American Windsurfing Tour visits southern Oregon this weekend - KCBY.com 11