It takes about 20 minutes to get to Vizcaya-and it’s worth every stroke. The castle is beautiful and the mangroves are like visiting the Everglades (without the mosquitoes). Great wildlife viewing. Yesterday saw mullets feeding and a variety of birds.
Recognized as one of the nation’s best areas to learn to windsurf, Sailboards Miami is located directly on Windsurfer Beach in Miami, Florida. With beautiful views of Biscayne Bay, Coconut Grove and downtown Miami, one can unwind and enjoy Miami’s best watersport. A steady on shore or side shore breeze makes learning to windsurf safe and easy. Our fully trained staff guarantees anyone (including children) can learn to windsurf in only two hours! With over 20 years of experience, we proudly instruct thousands of people annually in the watersport of windsurfing and enjoy serving tourists from all over the world. From beginner through advanced, we have rental equipment to meet everyone’s needs (even Kayaks and Stand Up PaddleBoards or SUPs for those lighter wind days).
Come on out and say hi. Learn to Windsurf in Two Hours-Guaranteed! Enjoy the splendor and tranquility of windsurfing and kayaking beautiful Biscayne Bay. All ages, body sizes, strength, and swimming abilities welcomed. If you can ride a bicycle, you can windsurf! Our windsurfing school teaches the beginner lesson three times daily. Intermediate and advanced private Windsurfing lessons, windsurfing equipment rental, Paddleboard rentals and lessons (SUPs), and Kayak rental are also available. Located on the South side of Rickenbacker Causeway, 7/10ths of a mile past the toll plaza. Windsurfing school and rental shop owned and operated by Ovidio DeLeon, U.S. Sailing Master Instructor. Open Fridays thru Tuesdays. Available on Wednesdays and Thursdays by appointment and during school holidays.
Our colorful sails proudly grace the entrance of Key Biscayne. We are licensed with Miami Dade County, recipient of the ABIA Windsurfing School Award of Excellence and U.S. Sailing and B.I.G. Certified. Ask us about our Swap Meets, Beach Clean-Ups, Races, Barry University for Credit Course, and U.S. Sailing Certification Courses. Available for production work.
Fridays through Tuesdays
10:00 - 6:00 (last rental at 5:00)
Closed Wednesdays & Thursdays
Open Additional Days During Holidays, School Vacations, and Summer.
Group availability 7 days a week.
Mile Marker 6.5 on Rickenbacker Causeway Miami
GPS Coordinates: N25.74569 W80.192368
Coming South from Ft. Lauderdale:
Take I-95 South to Exit #1A (Key Biscayne). Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza. Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.
Coming North from the Keys/Grove/Gable:
Take US1 North. At the I-95/US1, bear right. Follow sign to the Rickenbacker Causeway/Key Biscayne. Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza (SW 26th Road) Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.Detailed Location Info
Uber & Waze Users: Input Sailboards Miami
- Global Wave Windsurf Sails Consumption Market Growth Trends and Forecast, 2016-2022 by QY Research Groups - Medgadget (blog)
- Island Report: Windsurfing at Bird Island Basin - kiiitv.com
- The main types of windsurfing sails - SurferToday
- Windsurfing Festival - Slalom racing kicks off in Cape Hatteras - Sail World (press release)
- Windsurfing Festival - Sara Flowe - Fastest woman on the East Coast - Sail World (press release)
- PREMIERE: Pro Windsurfer Sarah Hauser's “Girl on Wave” 4/21 - Maui Now
- Windsurfing Festival - Phil Soltysiak wins Best Freestyle Move - Sail World (press release)
- Stuart dermatologist dies after windsurfing crash with boat - TCPalm
- The Whipper: a light windsurfing rig for kids - SurferToday
- VIDEO: Impossible windsurfing sail throw - Scuttlebutt Sailing News