Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
Free parking and easy access to a fabulous beach and land clean-up. Got water shoes–put them on and remove debris from shore line. Otherwise, dress for the sun and help clean-up along the plants, sea grasses, and beach itself. Great, safe location for families. $5.00 e-coupon toward kayak, paddle board, or windsurfer rental for all participants.
It takes about 20 minutes to get to Vizcaya-and it’s worth every stroke. The castle is beautiful and the mangroves are like visiting the Everglades (without the mosquitoes). Great wildlife viewing. Yesterday saw mullets feeding and a variety of birds.
Closed Due to Beach Repairs Post Hurricane Irma.
Plan to Re-Open 4 Days for the Fall: Thursday thru Sunday
10:00 – 6:00 (last rental at 5:00)
Closed Mondays. Open Labor Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day
Group availability 7 days a week.
Mile Marker 6.5 on Rickenbacker Causeway Miami
GPS Coordinates: N25.74569 W80.192368
Coming South from Ft. Lauderdale:
Take I-95 South to Exit #1A (Key Biscayne). Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza. Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.
Coming North from the Keys/Grove/Gable:
Take US1 North. At the I-95/US1, bear right. Follow sign to the Rickenbacker Causeway/Key Biscayne. Follow the natural flow of traffic through the toll plaza (SW 26th Road) Stay in the farthest right lane and travel 7/10 of a mile to mile marker 6.5. Turn right into parking lot. We are along the water's edge.
Coming Key Biscayne:
You will need to pass us, exit the Causeway, come back through the toll, and then follow the above directions from the toll plaza.
Uber & Waze Users: Input Sailboards Miami
- Stability on Day Two of the RS:X Windsurfing Worlds - International Sailing Federation
- Frenchman leads RS:X windsurfing World Championships on Tokyo 2020 course - Insidethegames.biz
- Sarah-Quita Offringa triumphs in Windsurfing World Cup - euronews
- Concerns over RS:X windsurfing World Championships on Tokyo 2020 course intensify as cyclone hits Japan - Insidethegames.biz (blog)
- Approaching cyclone threatens to disrupt RS:X windsurfing World ... - Insidethegames.biz
- Sarah-Quita Offringa is Windsurfing Slalom World Champion 2017 - Reuters UK
- Guillermo Sfiligoy: the paraplegic adventurer that went windsurfing - SurferToday
- How to windsurf in waves - SurferToday
- Windsurfing in Turkey: combine sport with a holiday! - Daily Sabah
- Missing the 1980s? Here's a retro windsurfing party - SurferToday