Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
Free parking and easy access to a fabulous beach and land clean-up. Got water shoes–put them on and remove debris from shore line. Otherwise, dress for the sun and help clean-up along the plants, sea grasses, and beach itself. Great, safe location for families. $5.00 e-coupon toward kayak, paddle board, or windsurfer rental for all participants.
It takes about 20 minutes to get to Vizcaya-and it’s worth every stroke. The castle is beautiful and the mangroves are like visiting the Everglades (without the mosquitoes). Great wildlife viewing. Yesterday saw mullets feeding and a variety of birds.
SUP & Kayak on Virginia Key!
As Rickenbacker remains closed post Hurricane Irma, we are proud to offer SUP & Kayak at Virginia Key Outdoor Center
3801 Rickenbacker Causeway Miami Key Biscayne FL 33149
Uber & Waze Users: Input Virginia Key Outdoor Center
From I-95 or US 1 Please note - Some maps provide incorrect directions
Follow signs for Key Biscayne
Continue past toll plaza on the Rickenbacker Causeway
Continue on the Rickenbacker Causeway over the first tall bridge
Take your 1st left immediately after the MAST Academy light
Enter park and follow signs which will lead you to Virginia Key Outdoor Center:
Virginia Key Outdoor Center
Open 7 days a Week (weather permitting)
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 5:00 (last rental at 4:00)
Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays 8:00 – 6:00 (last rental at 5:00)
December 26-January 5th:
(M-F 9:00 – 5:00/S&S 8:00 – 6:00)
Christmas Eve 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Christmas Day 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
New Year’s Day 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Super Full Moon paddle 5:00 launch)
*We happily open early and stay late for group fitness/tours & special events.
Uber & Waze Users: Input Sailboards Miami
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Windsurfing Equipment Market: Industry Segmentation, Regional Analysis & Competitive Analysis - CMFE News (press release) (blog)
- The first person to windsurf down a mountain - CNN - CNN.com - CNN
- Neil Pryde: "Windsurfing has to be in Paris 2024" - SurferToday.com - SurferToday
- Red Bull Storm Chase is ready and waiting for the next huge storm - Red Bull
- Windsurfing as an Olympic Event - Scuttlebutt Sailing News
- Quiver windsurfing school owner takes to the waves in stormy weather - Harwich and Manningtree Standard
- Mexico Dominates Youth Windsurfing Orange Bowl - Scuttlebutt Sailing News
- The windsurf magazines of the world - SurferToday
- French tourist stranded on Robben Island while windsurfing | News24 - News24